In this episode, the instructional designers from Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation (Aaron Kraft, Celia Coochwytewa, and Jinnette Senecal) examine the components and value opportunities for digital credentials. We then discuss some of the considerations necessary for establishing a digital credential system. Today’s HOT TOPIC segment is focused on how and why an instructor might consider transforming their course syllabus into an FAQ format.
Resources from the episode:
- Carey, K.L., Stefaniak, J.E. (2018). An exploration of the utility of digital badging in higher education settings. Education Tech Research Development, 66(5), 1211–1229.
- Diaz, V., Finkelstein, J., & Manning, S. (2015, August 5). Developing a higher education badging initiative. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI).
- Hurley, B. (2017). Open badges and alternative credentialing. International Journal on Innovations in Online Education,(1), 3.
- Senecal, J. Coochwytewa, C., Kraft, A., & Crawford, S.R. (2017, June 5). Lightning Round. Instruction By Design.
- Williamson, J., & Pittinsky, M. (2016, May 23). Making credentials matter. Inside Higher Ed.
- Loepp, E. (2019, October 2). How to turn your syllabus into an FAQ, and why you should. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit our website. You can contact us at InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.