In this episode, the instructional designers from Academic Innovation (Jinnette Senecal, Steven Crawford, Celia Coochwytewa, and Aaron Kraft) discuss “open educational resources” with respect to use in higher education courses. We describe the purpose and/or potential benefits of utilizing OERs and reflect on considerations/barriers related to adoption.
Resources from the episode:
- A Basic Guide to Open Educational Resources (OER)
- World Open Educational Resources (OER) Congress 2012 Paris OER Declaration
- Open Educational Resources in the Commonwealth 2016
- Top Fears Shutting the Door on Open Education
- SCORM Overview
- Chapter 3 – Tools of the Trade: What Do You Need to Flip? In The Flipped College Classroom
- About Creative Commons Licenses
- OER Commons
- Khan Academy
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit http://links.asu.edu/IBD_Podcast. You can reach us via InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.