In this podcast, Jason Bronowitz, Christina Carrasquilla, and Chad Westover from the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering share their experiences and recommendations for online teaching. The trio discuss how to make Canvas work for you, as well as strategies of intrusion and inclusion with Mary Loder, Instructional Designer at EdPlus, and Renee Pilbeam, Assistant Director of Instructional Design at EdPlus.
Thinking of implementing a strategy discussed on the podcast? Here are links to selected resources from the discussion.
- How do I delay posting an announcement until a specific date in a course?
- Using Slack: Schedule messages to send later
- How do I apply a Late Submission policy in the Gradebook?
- How do I send a message to students from the Gradebook?
- How do I bulk update due dates and availability dates as an instructor?
- How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader?
- How do I use the Comment Library in SpeedGrader?
- How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?
- How do I use my screen recording to deliver feedback in Speedgrader?
- Teach Together
- Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement (CORA)
Jason Bronowitz is a Lecturer in the Technological Entrepreneurship Management program.
Christina Carrasquilla is a Senior Lecturer for the Graphic Information Technology program.
Chad Westover is a Lecturer in the Graphic Information Technology program.
Special thanks to Ricardo Leon for lending guidance, support, and your audio zhuzhing.