Establishing and maintaining a strong sense of instructor presence is of utmost importance when teaching an online course. Not only does it help learners feels connected to the instructor and the course, it can lessen any feelings of isolation and increase a learner’s persistence in the course. There are a number of strategies that you can implement to establish and maintain your instructor presence.
This video (5:10) will provide an overview of instructor presence:
- How Important is Instructor Presence in an Online Course?
- Curating Instructor Presence in Online Education
- Managing Instructor Presence Online
- Plan out the ways that you will foster instructor presence in your learning experience.
- We suggest starting with a course introduction video and/or your instructor introduction video.
Join the Conversation:
- Join this community of faculty, learning designers and others that are discussing the topic of instructor presence. Pose questions, engage in dialogue, contribute resources or share your experiences with colleagues. These are our community guidelines.