For any course, communication is key! This overview will provides recommendations on how to ensure your communication with your online students is effective, positive, and builds community within your online course.
In this video (6:35) we’ll cover a range of communication strategies you might employ in your online course.
- What Makes a Remarkable Online Course? Part 2: Course Teaching and Facilitation Recommendation from ASU Faculty
- Building Community Online
- Best Practices for Large Enrollment Online Courses, Part III: Managing Instructor-student communication and presence
- Create a short introduction video or announcement post so that your students learn a bit more about you as their instructor.
- Start an introduction discussion in your course where students can introduce themselves to one another.
- Plan your communication strategy so that you have a clear plan about when you are reaching out to students and in which format.