In this episode, the instructional designers from CONHI’s Academic Innovation (Jinnette Senecal, Steven Crawford, Celia Coochwytewa, and Aaron Kraft) are joined by Yvonne Price (Sr. Instructional Designer, ASU Center for Advancing Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research) to describe the potential learning benefits associated with interactive e-learning materials. We will then summarize strategies that an e-learning development team can leverage to successfully collaborate.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2013, January). CDC’s E-learning essentials: A guide for creating quality electronic learning. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/learning/local/pdf/ElrngEsstls.pdf
- Tarasova, T. (2018, February 2018). Instructional designers and SMEs: The 7 lucky charms for productive partnerships. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/instructional-designers-smes-7-lucky-charms-tamara-tarasova-med-ma/
- Center for Advancing Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research. (2017). CAIPER eLearning modules. Retrieved from https://ipe.asu.edu/caiper-elearning-modules
- Chapman, B. (2010). How Long Does it Take to Create Learning? [Research Study]. Published by Chapman Alliance LLC. Retrieved from http://www.chapmanalliance.com/howlong/
- Defelice, R. (2018, January 9). How long to develop one hour of training? Updated for 2017. Association for Talent Development. Retrieved from https://www.td.org/insights/how-long-does-it-take-to-develop-one-hour-of-training-updated-for-2017
|Yvonne Price is the Senior Instructional Designer for the ASU Center for Advancing Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research. She collaborates with diverse teams to produce a variety of interprofessional training materials for students as well as healthcare professionals. Yvonne has been developing and designing training materials for interprofessional education and practice since 2010.|
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/437370447″ params=”color=#3989b3&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit http://links.asu.edu/IBD_Podcast. You can reach us via InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.