In this episode, the instructional designers from CONHI’s Academic Innovation (Steven Crawford, Celia Coochwytewa, Aaron Kraft, and Jinnette Senecal) describe what is meant by “high enrollment” and discuss if the role of class size effects student performance. Then we identify strategies for managing large face-to-face and online courses.
Resources from the episode:
- The National Center for Academic Transformation
- NCAT Projects – Arizona Board of Regents: Learner-Centered Education Course Redesign Initiative
- Considerations for Large Lecture Classes
- Managing High-Enrollment Online Courses
- Uncovering Content In Summer Courses
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit http://links.asu.edu/IBD_Podcast. You can reach us via InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.