In this episode, the instructional designers from CONHI’s Academic Innovation (Steven Crawford, Celia Coochwytewa, Aaron Kraft, and Jinnette Senecal) define the terms virtual reality and augmented reality. They will also describe the history of virtual reality and augmented reality and discuss applications of virtual and augmented reality in higher education.
Resources from the episode:
- New Media Consortium Horizon Report: 2016 Higher Education Edition
- 7 Things You Should Know About AR/VR/MR
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
- History of Virtual Reality
- The History of Augmented Reality (Infographic)
- The First Augmented Reality Star Wars Game, Falcon Gunner, Hits The App Store
- Ready Player One
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/401985762″ params=”color=#3989b3&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit http://links.asu.edu/IBD_Podcast. You can reach us via InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.