In this episode, the instructional designers from Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation (Celia Coochwytewa, Aaron Kraft, Steven Crawford, and Jinnette Senecal) define what is meant by “team-based” course design within higher education and describe the positive impact of team-based course building. We will also reflect on what is needed prior to building a team for course development.
Resources from the episode:
- Team-based Course Design: Increasing Resource Utilization and Collaboration Across Campus
- Team-based Online Course Development: A Case Study of Collaboration Models
- How to Apply a Team Based Approach to Online Course Design
- Instruction Boot Camp: Better Instruction Through Collaborative Course Design
- Collaborative Course Design Approach: An Idea that Is Yet to Be, in Most Higher Learning Institutions
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit our website. You can contact us at InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.