In this episode, the instructional designers from Academic Innovation (Celia Coochwytewa, Aaron Kraft, Steven Crawford, and Jinnette Senecal) define what is meant by “team-based” course design within higher education and describe the positive impact of team-based course building. We will also reflect on what is needed prior to building a team for course development.
Resources from the episode:
- Team-based Course Design: Increasing Resource Utilization and Collaboration Across Campus
- Team-based Online Course Development: A Case Study of Collaboration Models
- How to Apply a Team Based Approach to Online Course Design
- Instruction Boot Camp: Better Instruction Through Collaborative Course Design
- Collaborative Course Design Approach: An Idea that Is Yet to Be, in Most Higher Learning Institutions
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317095022″ params=”color=#3989b3&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Instruction By Design is produced by Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation. To learn more about the podcast or subscribe, please visit http://links.asu.edu/IBD_Podcast. You can reach us via InstructionByDesign@asu.edu or @IBD_Podcast.